Donate your old working VCRs and video cameras to Leave A Legacy, Inc. Click here to download and printable copy of this blog.
Other old electronics can be dropped off at Best Buy for recycling…free!
Recycle your old media and equipment:
Ship to Green disk 25 pounds for $15 and then$0.50/# for more greendisk.com to place order and get shipping label.
- Media: CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs, Blu-ray, 3.5” and 5.25” floppy disks, zip and jazz disks, and cases
- Tapes: VHS, audio cassette tapes, DAT, DLT, Beta, and Digibeta
- Computer drives: Hard drives, zip, jazz, floppy, CD-ROM, DVD drives, and jump drives
- Communication devices: Cell phones, pagers, PDAs and their chargers, cradles, and headset accessories
- Batteries: Rechargeable batteries and chargers only – no alkaline batteries. See instructions on packing batteries for shipment.
- Small electronics: MP3 players, iPods, hand-held CD and cassette players, and digital cameras
- Ink: Inkjet and toner cartridges (All cartridges must be in a sealed bag to prevent spilling)
- Film: Black and White film only. Please do not include color film.
- Photographic film negatives, instant film, sheet film, Advanced Photo System, slides, Disc film, 110, 126, 127, 120/220
- Medical x-ray, industrial x-ray, lithographic, micro film, microfiche
- Miscellaneous items: UPS units, AC chargers, keyboards, mice, modems, routers, headphones, cords, adapters, cables, boards, and chips
Repurpose your old video tapes:
Lots of ideas can be found online/on pintrist
Here are some items we’ve made and use at Leave A Legacy, Inc.